Wednesday 27 June 2012

Holiday Frippery

I'm eternally grateful that I met Mr Fascinata when this part of his life was pretty-much-over.
Here's his idea of a holiday, a photo-collage from back in the day.
Extraordinary, isn't it?
Conceptually quite hard-core.
Mine's a bit different.
Today, I'm glad he thinks more like I do.
The chalkface is on term break for two weeks.
But can you imagine, I'm actually enjoying getting up at the crack to go to bootcamp?
The fact that I know I'm not going to work, makes it easier.
I know, I'll never get well.
Seriously, if you are not exercising, try to.

I'm not going anywhere for the break, but don't think I won't be b-u-s-y.
It's cold here in Brisbane, and if you are not caramelising and then
slow cooking cheap cuts of meat,
you're mad.
Try lentils, too.
Soak them first.
The rapid boil also heats up the kitchen.


And if you can't be bothered, just boil some frozen peas for the greens. Nothing wrong with that.
Get stuck into cruciferous vegetables, too.
Try to resist making the white sauce, with pecorino cheese.
Calling it the term break, not holiday,
relieves the need for questions like, what are you doing for your holiday?
Renovating? Writing? Travelling?
It's good for catching up with the reading list. Even, if you've read it all before.
The Vogue Living might actually get read, too.
It came with a back-issue of Vogue September 2011 (?).
Might draw the line at that time-wasting frippery.
Might spend the time productively, looking at this:
Wondering how those French lovelies manage to design a capsule wardrobe?
Might get down to the Embroiderers' Guild.
To actually start something lovely.
As for shopping malls, I will be avoiding that, like all get-out.
Too much has been invested in cuffs and other associated fripperies already.
There's not enough in-comings in Flora's business ins-and-outs.
No, I'm Not, Barbara Kruger.

I'll have time to have a really good look at Mabel McAllister's work.
I enjoyed introducing her to the workers at the chalkface.

You think you're busy?
Today, I'm fully booked, these two desperately require a bath, it's raining,
and it looks like I'll have to get the hair-dryer out to zhu-zhu them dry.
Stay warm and remember to soak the lentils.












2 comments:

  1. wooooooooooooooohooooooooooo holidays flora !!!!!! lets catch up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even κnow how I endeԁ up right herе, but
    I assumed this put up was once gгeat.
    Ӏ don't realize who you are however definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't alreaԁy.
    Cheers!

    Мy webpagе - Discount Charges Inns in Bali

    ReplyDelete