Friday 27 July 2012

Silver Lining

I spent most of yesterday's commute home slack jawed and gazing into shop fronts
because most of it was spent stationary in the car.
Very bad traffic congestion, indeed.
On the upside I spied two part-mannequins outside a charity shop, perfect for pinning Flora's movable feast
when she needs it.
A silver lining.
Remind you of anything?
Maison Guillet?
Maybe?
I am not unhappy with the fixture.
Have a crafty weekend booked in my mind's eye.
Giving the Marc Jacob's raised dot silk blend a whirl
on the 35 year old Bernina sewing machine,

using a circa 1980's pattern with a bit of an opening edit.
I'll wear it with my spot black Wolford tights, that I have had for a year
and am too scared to put on because of the Barcelona incident. I had bought a pair and laddered them in progress of getting them in-situ on the pins.
Mr Fascinata found me sititng upright and sobbing.
Tights despatched in the hotel room waste paper bin.
Is it just me or does-this-happen-to-everyone?
The set of dress patterns gifted to the workers' textile department a while back and finally
so out that it's back in again!
Hooray!
Had Sports Day today at the chalkface, was given seriously the best job
for half the day, giving out the prize ribbons!
Got into some good conversations with lovely colleagues, caught up with one Arts staff
who actually had seen Jeff's Puppy in Bilbao, at the Guggenheim in Spain.
Too lucky.
It was nice to find someone from my tribe.
I've been ransacking the House of Flora and the textiles storeroom for all sorts of
repurposed stuff for the Seniors to use in their latest challenge.


Flashed up Chanel's answer to Make Do and Mend for the Seniors textile assignment.
It was given a mixed reaction. Personally, I'd almost kill for it.
The price point was a shock for some! And an inspiration for others.
Speaking of the workers, one of the graduated ones, is in London competing in Synchronised Swimming for Australia!
How special is that?
I've sent her a heroes message via the Telstra communications network!
Her name's Francesca Owen or Frankie.
I used to love asking Francesca about the waterproof make-up and the costumes they wore.
She always said, 'the make-up's waterproof.'
Can't wait to watch a bit of the synchronisation or water-ballet, as they say.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment