Thursday 1 November 2012

Community Service and Other

Good grief, I can't believe I'm off to a Tupperware party.
Tonight. 7pm.
I'm actually afraid. The logistics of working effectively with 28 adolescents,
 a different batch of workers 
every 70 minutes across my chalkface day,
and I'm smart enough that I can't have a late 'chalkface' night.
My party went for four hours............wonder when it'll finish?
Has anyone done the Maths?
But, my Tupperware social responsibility ensures that I'm there.
After all, it could be traced back to my fault-in-the first-place.
I've checked out Roberto Cavalli for Target.
This Flora-One-of-a-Kind would top-off a Cavalli.
And as a service announcement, I would like to say that, it's okay.
Came away with this soft cotton voile caftan-style top.
The polished black cotton jacket and the leopard print wrap and frilled dress are lovely.
But, I used restraint, people.
Also bought this vintage looking lozenge style neck piece from the University of Queensland's
Wednesday markets.
If you are at a University and you don't have such a market,
get one up and running.
I've taken every single orchid I own to our lovely chalkface librarian.
They are all hers, believe me.
And then, the other day I was astonished to see my puny, little, nutrition deprived rose
plant fashioning this:
I love how the universe works.
 
The hydrangeas are also blooming marvellous.
 
It's been a good week.
I've had incoming email correspondence from my cousin in Arizona, America.
And, can you believe it, another lovely gift of fabrics and trims from Gabrielle.
Fine, feathered frippery.
Gabrielle always says loveliness, like I hope it brings you so much joy.
 
Excited. Tommorow's this weekend is the Orchid Species Society Show,
doors open 8am Saturday 3 + Sunday 4 November.
Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment