Friday 7 December 2012

Never Mind the Tree

Never mind the tree, what do your hands say about you?
Pink?
Mine are often pink, blue or even grey.
But, one is garnished with a Cartier ring.
Yes, people, because Mr Fascinata can't see his way fit to buy a blood diamond.
So Cartier's conflict-free stone is it.
And having lived himself in Africa,
would rather wear a CZ than the other option.
People, who am I to disagree?
I think I've got one of the hardest working Cartier's in the world, though.
It sees chicken wire, glue and paints on a regular basis.
Today's pink hands are the fault of these,
rose peonies.
A stunning gift from a colleague.
Look at those centres.
What loveliness.
Paint them, draw it.
No sooner had I got them home, was I dyeing
a batch of silk and lace.
Trying to emulate a peony Flora-One-of-a-Kind.
We'll see how it goes.
 
Tomorrow, I've invited myself along to a puppet show, organised by a grand lady of ninety-one
years young, who also owns the puppets. Some of them have been
around for a long time, too.
I can't wait!
I'm fascinated by puppetry and its frippery.
Stay creative and happy.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment